The Annual Awards 2021
The German Record Critics’ Award announces the Annual Awards for 2021. The jurors nominated a total of 106 titles. Of these, 103 made it onto the Long List, and the annual committee selected 10 for an award. The awards will be presented individually to the winners over the next few weeks and months. The dates and locations of the ten award ceremonies will be announced as soon as possible.29.09.2021 – The ten Annual Awards 2021 go to:
- mezzo-soprano Anna Lucia Richter, the Bamberg Symphony Orchestra, and Jakub Hrůša for the recording of Mahler’s Wunderhorn Symphony No. 4 in G major (accentus music/Naxos).
- the pianist Florian Uhlig for the first historical-critical complete recording of Robert Schumann’s solo piano works, which has just been successfully completed with volume 15 (Hänssler Classic/Profil Medien)
- the baritone Georg Nigl and the pianist Olga Pashchenko for the recital »Vanitas« with songs by Beethoven, Schubert, and Rihm (Alpha Classics/Note 1)
- the Zafraan Ensemble, the Kammerensemble Neue Musik Berlin, the WDR Sinfonieorchester, the GrauSchumacher Piano Duo and the conductors Peter Rundel, Emilio Pomàrico, Baldur Brönniman, Premil Petrović, Victor Aviat and Brad Lubman for the album »Vertigo« with the premiere recording of all instrumental works by Christophe Bertrand (bastille musique/rudi mentaire distribution)
- the British singer and songwriter Yola for her album »Stand For Myself« (Easy Eye Sound/Universal)
- the singer-songwriter Sebastian Krämer for his current album »Liebeslieder an deine Tante« (Reptiphon/Broken Silence)
- singer-songwriter Chris Eckman for his solo album »Where the Spirit Rests« (Glitterhouse/Indigo)
- techno producer and musician Kelly Lee Owens for her album »Inner Song« (Smalltown Supersound/Cargo)
- the American jazz musician Angel Bat Dawid and her band Tha Brothahood for the recording »LIVE« from Jazzfest Berlin 2019 (International Anthems Recordings Company/Indigo)
- the writer Saša Stanišić for the audiobook version of his first children’s book »Hey, hey, hey, Taxi!«, which he recorded himself (Mairisch Verlag)
The following jurors worked in the 2021 annual committee of the PdSK: Matthias Wegner (Jury Jazz II), Christian Kröber (Jury Keyboard Music I), Jörn Florian Fuchs (Jury Verbal Art), Markus Thiel (Jury Lieder and Vocal Recital), Isabel Steppeler (Jury Electronic & Experimental), Eleonore Büning (Jury Chamber Music II), Julia Kaiser (Jury Chamber Music II), Tobias Rapp (Jury Club & Dance), Manuel Brug (Jury Opera II) und Christine Heise (Jury Rock).